Happy November Everyone! Just taking a moment to write and thank each and every one of you for making Dance Academy of Santa Rosa, Inc. your "dance destination" this year.
We want to thank each and every student, parent (and grandparent too) for being such a huge part in our success. Our open door policy invites you to ask questions and voice praises or concerns as they should arise. We love your input! If you are unable to catch Miss Laurie at the studio, feel free to e-mail at: Danceacademyofsr@gmail.com.
A Few Friendly Notes and Important Dates (Listed Below)
• Drumroll Please...Our 1st "Student of the Month" is Abby Bahlau! Abby has been working hard in classes, keeping up with her attendance, has been respectful to all of her teachers, has advanced in her dance technique and has been a great "Team Player"... Way to go Abby! All "Students of the month" will be included in a drawing at the end of the year.
• In October, our Aspire Elite Dancers performed at the Ghostwalk in Downtown Milton. The Ghostwalk's theme this year was on Military history and our dancers performed a piece from the WW II era. GREAT Job Ladies!!
• Please remember that Tuition is due on the 1st of the month but late after the 7th of each month. We thank you in advanced for being prompt with your payments. Our office hours are 2:45-6pm. If you happen to come to the studio when the office is closed, please pay by check or cash and place in an envelope (provided at desk) and drop in the tuition box to avoid a late fee. If you choose to pay by checks, please review our payment policies. You can pick up those policy sheets in the office.
• You will be hearing Christmas music in the studio sooner than you think! It's time to begin teaching our Teddy Bear dancers (all Pre-K and Combo Kids) their Christmas pieces! Our annual TeddyBear Dancer Christmas show will be held once again at the Beautiful Imogene Theatre in Downtown Milton. Date: Saturday, Dec 17th in the morning. There will be 2 call times: 10am and 11am for classes. This will keep the crowd a whole lot smaller this year Please check with your teachers the 1st week in December for your dancer's call time. This will also be posted in the Office. Dancers are to wear a pink leotard with pink skirt, pink tights and proper shoes. Hair will be in a neat bun unless otherwise notified by the teacher.
• Many of our Company dancers will be performing at the Gulf Coast Arts Festival on Sunday November 6th at 1:45pm at the Parrish stage. If you have time to come out and cheer us on, We'd love to see you there.
• Reminder—November 11th is when Costume deposits are due for the recital costume. This is coming up quickly! If your dancer is in a "combo class" with 2 subjects within the hour, you will only need to pay for 1 costume. If anyone needs another week or 2 to get your deposits in to us, please communicate that with the office promptly.
• Please try to be on time to class. We know that life happens and occasionally there are delays, but we want our dancers to be safe with the proper stretch/warm ups that we begin each class with. Also, keep in mind that our little dancers get distracted when their friends are coming in late during group activities. Thank you for this consideration in advanced.
• Our Thanksgiving break is Nov. 21st-25th this year (Enjoy all we have to be Thankful for!)
• Please inform your dancer's teacher of any medical needs or concerns that may affect your dancer in class. The more informed we are, the better!
• Our Company dancers will be performing in the local Christmas parades on December 3rd. If you are in attendance, cheer for us!
We will be opening a new class in January. This will either be a pre-k class of 3&4 yr olds or a combo kid class for 5&6 yr olds depending on the demand. We have several phone calls coming in with interest in dance classes for both of these age groups. Please share this information with family and friends who may be interested so that we are clear as to which one to open.
REVIEW: IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
• November 6th - Some of our Aspire performing company will be dancing at the Gulf Coast Arts Festival. Come out and cheer them on.
• Nov. 7th - Tuition due no later than the 7th of each month.
• November 11th- Costume deposit of $50.00 per costume is due. The costume balance is due in January.
• Nov. 21-25th - (No classes) Fall Break…HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
• December 3rd - Pace and Milton Christmas Parade
• December 17th -*The TEDDY BEAR DANCER PERFORMANCE (See above info) If you are a dancer in the Pre-K classes or Combo Kid classes, you are a Teddy Bear Dancer!! We're spreading Christmas cheer at the Imogene Theatre!. The children will be performing a dance that they'll be working on within their classes. THIS IS NOT THE RECITAL-NOR THE RECITAL COSTUME. This is just a chance for our young dancers to get some experience performing in front of an audience in a casual atmosphere with a parent nearby.
• December 22nd- Merry Christmas Break. Last Day of classes is Dec 21st . Return Thursday Jan.5th.
Thanks again to everyone for your continued support!
God Bless, Miss Laurie